Wednesday 1 July 2015

New Designers

I have just spent 5 days in London exhibiting at New Designers. I joined the year three textile group from Bath Spa and exhibited my embroidered drawing 'The Bristol 2 Litre Engine'. Luckily I had had one last module to complete, so with my student status nearing its end I was able to join this great group of students. 

Setting up was relatively easy due to the fab help of Steve our technician and Sue Bradley our tutor. 









Day 1 was rather long as we waited patiently for the judges to walk around the show and view everyone's work. Whilst we didn't win any prizes, we had lots of positive comments from the judges about our work.

Over the 4 days we kept a book for comments and gathered a great collection of names such as Stephan Mahoney, fashion journalist, Diana Springall, textile artist and many tutors from other Art and Design schools. I met Jo Hall editor of 'Embroidery' magazine and a few of us have since had emails from 'Selvage'. I really recommend New Designers to all graduates who are passionate about their work and want to get off to the best start in a challenging, but exciting world of art and design.


Lauren Healy,
loved by Absolute Vodka


Julie Heaton and Emily Caldwell

Sae Murai and Jan Kinsman



I have since had an offer to exhibit at Llantarnam Grange Arts Centre, East Wales, for the exhibition 'Portal' running from 8th August - 15th October, 2015. 

No comments:

Post a Comment