Tuesday 21 July 2015

Art in Action 2015

I have just got back from Art in Action, 2015: whilst the preparation was quite exhausting because it came hot on the heels of New Designers, as usual, it was truly wonderful. I met  many lovely people who came to my silk painting and marbling practical class and also met up with other artists who are now becoming very good friends. My niece and my sons helped to teach and my lovely sister provided the essential support that got us all there.


The Class


Josh marbling


With my sister, niece, son and friend, Christine Green and her mum.

Some lovely, creative piece were made during the 12 workshops and lots of cups of tea enjoyed courtesy of the wonderful people who look after the demonstrating artists and teachers. I would also like to say thank you to Water Perry gardens who helped us to chose a lovely floral display and to Liz Hewit for the china that provided many inspirational patterns. 

I have a very busy year ahead of me with projects for 'Brunel Broderers' and 'Seam Collective', plus my image of the couple on the tube. But, hopefully I will find time to paint more silk and replenish my store of cards ready for Art in Action, 2016.



No comments:

Post a Comment